Cherokee is building a new gin plant in South Georgia!
Cherokee Fabrication in Salem, AL is excited to announce that construction is well underway with its venture in Hazlehurst, GA with the South Georgia Gin Company. The 80 bale per hour gin plant is a turn-key project featuring Cherokee’s proven line of high-capacity gin machinery combined with Cherokee’s state-of-the-art communication and control technologies.
At the heart of the plant will be 3 award winning Magnum 270 saw gins. Each capable of 30+ bales per hour, South Georgia Gin will be the highest capacity 3 stand gin in the world. Other machinery highlights include:
- The Round-up II module unwrapper removes plastic wrap from the John Deere roller picker modules without cutting thus eliminating an opportunity for contamination.
- Two 12-ft wide drying and cleaning lines that feature Cherokee’s 7-cyl Vertical Dryer and 15-cyl Horizontal Cleaner.
- Regal 142 Lint Cleaners, user-friendly and virtually maintenance free machines that clean, condition and prepare the lint for packaging.
- Cherokee’s new Super High Capacity Battery Condenser and Cirrus Cotton Conditioner capable of handling bale capacities in excess of 90 b.p.h.
- And finally, the Elite Up-packing Press with Cherokee’s 90 b.p.h. power unit.
The South Georgia Gin project will also include Cherokee’s full communication suite. This state of the art fully customizable monitoring and control system can be run in either fully automatic or fully manual mode or any combination of the two depending on operator preference. It has a full complement of connectivity options that include cell phone or smart device interchange. Moisture monitoring, drying systems, system static pressure monitoring, and safety system monitoring are just some of the features that will be included in this all-encompassing package.
Please enjoy some of the progress pictures and check back regularly to keep up with the progress as we get closer to start-up in early October.